A pastor who murdered his wife left a note for her before he fled the scene.
It was learnt that the runaway wife killer had murdered his wife in the presence of their six-months-old baby at their residence at 19 Uloko Street, Okpoghe Quarters, in Eyaen, New Aduwawa in the state before escaping, leaving behind a note with 10 questions, apparently meant for the wife to answer.
It was gathered that the couple who got married in September 2014, had been having issues that led that led the deceased to leave her matrimonial home for some months until her husband invited her in the disguise that they want to resolve their crisis, only to end up murdering her.
According to the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Abiodun Osifo, the command has vowed to bring to arrest the suspect and bring him to book, describing the act as tragic and barbaric.
A copy of the note he left behind contained the following questions:
1. “Have we ever in life went to beg for food ever since we got married?
2. Has your mother ever brought food for us to eat one day because of hunger?
3. Have I not told you at the beginning that I hate someone insulting me?
4. In the first place, did you really come out with your own full mind?
5. Did you come to marry me because of money or for who I am?
6. Who gave you the order to pack your property away from our home?
7. Who is your adviser in this marriage that is polluting your mind against me?
8. You always pray that God should help you to eat the fruit of your labour?
9. So, no man has the power to take one’s life but today we are going together.
10. So how do you feel now?”