In celebration of the filmmaker's birthday, Pulse Nigeria sheds some light on his life and career.
Biyi Bandele turns 48 years old today. The filmmaker is known for directing the film adaptation of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s book "Half of A Yellow Sun”.
In honour of his birthday, Pulse Nigeria presents a list of thing you probably didn’t know about the creative.
1. He was born in Kafanchan, which is a small town in Kaduna state, Northern Nigeria.
2. He made his directional film debut with "Half of A Yellow Sun”.
3. Bandele directed season 3 and season 4 of MTV’s Shuga series.
4. He studied drama at Obafemi Awolowo University.
5. He is a novelist. He has written five novels: The Man Who Came In From the Back of Beyond (1991); The Sympathetic Undertaker: and Other Dreams (1991); The Street (1999); Burma Boy (2007): and The King's Rifle (2009).
6. He is a playwright. In 1997 he adapted Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart for the stage. He has also worked with Royal Court Theatre and the Royal Shakespeare Company in England.