The State Police Commend Spokesman, DSP Bala Elkana confirmed the incident to NAN on Wednesday, May 22, 2019.

According to Elkana, the duo slept in the shop while the generator was on in the same place.

On May 21, at about 7.30am, Ogudu Police Station received an information that on the said date at about 6.30am, one Emmanuel John, 21 years and John Paul, 22 years were found dead.

“They died as a result of generator fumes they inhaled while asleep. We gathered that the duo put on a generator and locked themselves inside the shop, resulting to their death,” Elkana said.

ALSO READ: Buhari orders removal of trucks, tankers from Lagos roads, bridges in 3 days

NAN had earlier gathered that the deceased were recently brought from the village for some skills acquisition before the sad incident.

NAN further learnt that relatives of the deceased had evacuated the corpses for burial.