In celebration of Saint Obi's birthday, we take time to remember a few things about the veteran actor.
But, that doesn’t mean he has lost his die-hard fans! Today, November 16, 2016 is his birthday and in celebration of his day, let’s take time to remember a few things about the veteran actor.
1. Although he has destroyed shrines, repaired roads and empowered youth, ‘Saint’ is not his real name!
Saint Obi’s real name is Obinna Nwafor.
2. Inspired by foreign movies as a child, Saint Obi always wanted to be an actor.
He went on to study Theatre Arts at the University of Jos, Plateau State and has since starred in over 60 movies.
3. In case you ever joked about NTA adverts, Saint Obi’s career kicked off in 1996 when he starred in a commercial for Peugeot on NTA.
4. Saint Obi, took a break from acting and now owns a record label called Agwhyte which specialises in empowering young talents.
In fact, according to him, he started as a singer before his acting career kicked off.
5. You know all those movies that make you say "Ghen Ghen"? Those ones with thick blood and special gun sound effects? Those were the types of movies Saint Obi was a boss in.
He was even called the James Bond of Nollywood at some point in his career.
A few of the movies he starred in were titled: “Sleeping with the Enemy”, “Festival of Fire” and “State of Emergency” - he was definitely an action man.
Happy Birthday to the James Bond of Nollywood!