Singer has not made any comment regarding Eko Hotel incident
Mr. 2Kay's management, Grafton Entertainment have come out to clarify some issues concerning the robbery incident involving the singer.
According to the record label, they want to clarify some of the information that has been going round in recent time.
"Mr. 2Kay has not made any comment regarding the details of his attack at Eko Hotel on Sunday, October 22, 2017. Any other statement, quotes or opinion by anybody outside this official statement by Grafton Entertainment is invalid and inconsequential. Grafton Entertainment through our lawyers and the management of Eko Hotel are in talks regarding the incident that took place in one of their rooms."
Grafton Records is clearing the air concerning some statements attributed to Mr 2Kay online about the robbery and Burna Boy.
The statement further reads "Our going to court is dependent on the outcome of the talks between our lawyers and Eko Hotel. The public will know if we get to that point. Any further information about this case should be addressed to the Police as Grafton Entertainment did not conduct or influence Police investigation in any way.
"This case about the robbery and assault with the police is a criminal case and not a civil case. Once again we thank the general public for their concern and well wishes. We will also appeal that Mr. 2Kay’s fans, the media and the general public allow the Police complete their investigation, even as we commend them for the great job done so far. We are confident that the Nigerian Police are capable of handling the case, Thank you," the label states.
It would be recalled that Mr 2Kay was robbed and assaulted after his performance at the "Buckwyld 'n' Breathless" concert which took place at Eko Hotel and Suites on October 22, 2017.
After the incident, PR consultant, Sakpaide Ogaga, said Mr 2Kay was in the room with a friend and struggled with one of the robbers, as the others punched and hit him with a gun, repeatedly warning that they will shoot if he didn't calm down.
Ogaga also said, one of the robbers led and locked 2Kay’s friend in the bathroom, while the others tied the singer’s arms, legs and mouth and took his valuables including jewellery, clothes, perfumes, phones, and money. They also cut the room’s intercom (phone) to avoid any form of communication as they left the hotel.
Weeks after, Mr 2Kay announced that he was suing the management of Eko Hotel and Suites for N500M. In a twist to the story, Burna boy was later declared wantedby the men of the Lagos State Police Command over the attacked.
According to the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Edgal Imohimi, four suspects were arrested and after interrogation, confessed to receiving a part payment of 50,000 Naira before the job and another 50,000 was paid to the robbers directly by Burna Boy when the job was done.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: