Pulse.ng logo
Go

Fashola What ex-governor told Senate about N78M website

Fashola spoke on the issue today, October 14, 2015, during his screening as a ministerial nominee by the Senate.

  • Published:

Join the "sabi" clique. Don't miss a thing, get the latest updates to fuel your conversation daily

By signing up , you agree to our Privacy Policy and European users agree to the data transfer policy



Thank You! You have successfully subscribed to receive pulse.ng daily newsletter.

Former Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola has spoken out on allegations that he spent N78 million on a personal website during his tenure.

Fashola spoke on the issue today, October 14, 2015, during his screening as a ministerial nominee by the Senate.

 

"I don't sign cheques. I don't fix contract prices, State Ministries handle these,” Fashola told the legislators.

 

“Nobody has alleged that I’ve corruptly enriched myself,” the former governor added.

Fashola was caught in controversy in August after he was accused of spending N78 million on the website and N139 million on two boreholes during his tenure as governor.

The former governor however denied the allegations in a lengthy statement adding that the lies were being spun by detractors who had been paid heavily to keep him from being appointed into federal office.

Is the Senate too slow with confirmation of ministers?»

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.

X
Advertisement