It was reported that result from the laboratory test between Tuesday and Wednesday had shown that the two victims were infected with type C of CSM.
The Executive Secretary of the board, Dr Rilwanu Mohammed, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja that the two confirmed cases were in Abuja Municipal and Abaji Area Councils.
Mohammed said that result from the laboratory test between Tuesday and Wednesday had shown that the two victims were infected with type C of CSM.
He explained that one of the victims in Nuku village of Abaji area council came from Sokoto State where it was allegedly that one person had died of meningitis.
He added that another six-year-old child in Garki Area 8, Abuja, was also confirmed at the Jabi Federal Medical Centre, Abuja.
According to him, these were the only confirmed cases FCT had recorded so far since the outbreak, adding that there are 10 suspected cases in the past where six persons died.
The scribe said that his agency had cordoned off the area where the two victims reside to immunise and sensitise residents against the disease.
Mohammed therefore advised FCT residents to desist from self-medication and report to hospital when they notice any sign of CSM, which include fever and stiff neck or neck pain.
He also enjoined residents to avoid crowded places especially this Easter season where people were travelling to villages for the celebration.
He added that people must ensure ventilation in their homes and cultivate the habit of hand washing as well as covering of mouth while coughing or sneezing to avoid the spread of the disease.
Mohammed said that immunisation against CSM would continue as soon as the agency receives additional vaccines from the Federal Government.