No life was lost in the inferno, but the absence of a fire service station in the town worsened the situation.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) learnt that the fire which began at 7.30p.m. was as a result of a spark which emanated from a house beside the Mobil filling station.
NAN also learnt that no life was lost in the inferno, but the absence of a fire service station in the town worsened the situation.
An eye witness, Prince Ayoola Odidiomo, told NAN that no life was lost in the fire outbreak, but that six houses were razed by the inferno.
``It was through the efforts of residents that the fire was put off to stop further wreckage.
``We saw the fire this evening burning the Mobil petrol station before we later discovered that the fire started from a house beside it, which was loaded with diesel.
``It was so sad that there is no fire service station here in Igbokoda, the headquarters of Ondo State Oil Producing Area Development Commission (OSOPADEC).
"We, the residents tried our best to put off the fire to stop further damage," Odidiomo said.
Efforts by NAN to speak with the Igbokoda Divisional Police Officer, Mr Ifeanyi Godswill proved abortive, as calls placed to his phone were not successful.