Burna Boy has visited the Lagos police command as requested in respect to the robbery attack on music star, Mr. 2kay.
According to the singer's publicist, Burna Boy was never declared wanted by the police authorities at any time.
"Burnaboy was invited to the Lagos state police command which he has honored. The invitation came today in the early hours of this morning. He was never arrested. When they invite you to the station, you are sitting down in an office and you are not under any arrest or any of those things and he wasn't declared wanted either," his publicist explains.
When asked if he was told to visit the station again, his publicist says he wasn't asked to return. It would be recalled that earlier in the day, Linda Ikeji had reported that Joel, said to be Burnaboy's road manager, was the last person to leave Mr 2Kay's hotel room.
Linda Ikeji later released a screen shot of a chat conversation between Mr. 2kay and Burna Boy where the dance hall threatened to deal with Mr. 2kay over his comments on his tweet about beating up pastors. The convo between the two acts allegedly happened 10 days before the Eko Hotel robbery.
According to Linda Ikeji, the Lagos State Police commissioner, Edgal Imohimi in a press conference today, Monday, November 20, 2017, made some clarifications on the issue.
"Four armed robbers carried out the attack and detectives were able to arrest one of their girlfriends who is identified as 'Matejero' which led to the capture of the others. During interrogation, the robbers confessed that they were hired by Burna Boy through his manager, Joel Kantiock who was arrested in Zaria, Kaduna State.
"They confessed to receiving a part payment of 50,000 Naira before the job and another 50,000 was paid to the robbers directly by Burna Boy when the job was done. At the moment, efforts to apprehend Burna Boy is proving futile but we count on him to make himself available for questioning immediately," he said.
Pulse reached out to the Lagos state police command for clarification but the Public Relations Officer was not available for comments.
It would be recalled that on October 22, 2017, Mr. 2kay wasrobbed and assaulted in his hotel room at the Eko Hotel and Suites after the Buckwyld 'n' Breathless concert where he also performed.
After the incident, PR consultant, Sakpaide Ogaga, said Mr 2Kay was in the room with a friend and struggled with one of the robbers, as the others punched and hit him with a gun, repeatedly warning that they will shoot if he didn't calm down.
The Duty Manager of the Eko Hotels & Suites who gave her name as just Funmi told Pulse back in October that the incident was under investigation by the police.
"Since yesterday, the police and the security officials of the hotel have been working round the clock to investigate what really happened," she said.
However, Mr. 2kay has reportedly sued the management of Eko Hotel and Suites with a N500M lawsuit.
Pulse will continue to keep you updated as this news develops.