Since Peter and Paul Okoye burst onto the scene back in 2003 with their debut single ‘Seniorita’, we haven’t gotten enough of them, be it their dance moves, exciting videos and captivating stage performances.
With platinum records sold, multiple awards won and sold out concerts, it certainly won’t be wrong to call Psquare ‘music legends’ of their time.
Here five things that all Nigerian celebrities should learn from them:
- Performance Is An Art, Master It: Psquare has amazing stage presence. The twins put so much energy into every performance that you can hardly notice any flaws. And that takes a lot of hours practicing. Peter and Paul Okoye have mastered the art of performing.
- Content Is Important But Good Packaging Trumps All: The Psquare team have realized that entertainment is a visual market. This is why their costumes and outfits are professionally put together and their videos are always superbly produced.
- Keep It In The Family: Peter and Paul Okoye have their brother Jude as producer and wear clothing made by another brother, Tony of Ajeh Wears. Family members are usually a celebrity’s greatest fans and the Okoye brothers obviously know this.
- Invest before you indulge: The Psquare duo paid their dues. It took years after their jump into the spotlight before they started showing off expensive cars and clothes. Peter and Paul Okoye have real estate in some countries and are still worth some cool millions. Invest before you indulge.
- Focus on your strengths: Peter Okoye is the dancer of the group while Paul is the singer. Most people didn’t immediately realize this and some still don’t know. This is because the brothers have harnessed their individual strengths to make their team work. Play up your strengths, downplay your weaknesses.