The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Thursday, August 6, challenged the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to also go after the corrupt leaders and members of the All Progressive Congress (APC).
Party dares EFCC to investigate APC ex-governors
Secondus, who called for President Muhammadu Buhari's intervention, said that the anti-graft agency is only going after PDP members in its anti-corruption war.
The Acting National Chairman of PDP, Prince Uche Secondus, gave the challenge when he received a delegation of members PDP in the senate at Legacy House, the party’s campaign office in Abuja.
Secondus, who called for President Muhammadu Buhari'sintervention, said that the anti-graft agency is only going after PDP members in its anti-corruption war leaving those who served under APC uninvestigated.
"So far, statistics has shown that EFCC has only arrested members of our party, those who have served in previous government.
"But there are APC governors and members, who have served various governments, they have been left alone.
"We believe that a government that is serious with anti corruption crusade cannot be one sided or selective. It should be holistic,’’ Secondus said.
He called on the EFCC to also investigate APC governors rather than targeting only PDP ex-governors and ex-ministers.
"We have seen on the pages of newspapers allegation from Lagos and Rivers states on the ex-governors. What is EFCC doing to those allegations? '' Secondus asked.
The acting chairman, however, assured that the NWC will work with the PDP senate leadership to make sure that they are successful.
Secondus said that from the inauguration of the senate to the election of the senate leadership, the NWC is pleased with the process and those elected.
Also answering question on the allegation that the NWC spent 12 billion within nine months, Secondus said that the figure is not correct.
He said, "what is correct is that from the sales of forms, we raised over N11 billion.’’
"According to our party’s guideline and constitution, this N11 billion was meant to be shared among the states, local governments and the zones.
"The local government will have five per cent, the states; 10 per cent, and the zones; five per cent. That means 20 per cent is taken away from that.
"You are also aware that people went on assignment about 15 per cent is also taken away, the rest I can tell you was used for our campaign and elections.
"No body, no member of the NWC has embezzled any money,’’ Secondus said.
He added that the Staff Welfare Association who made the allegation had apologised through its letter to the NWC.
"We raise our money and we used our money, that is the correct thing,’’ Secondus added.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: