Following the state of panic that was created on Sunday morning, October 4, 2015, the military has claimed responsibility for the explosions that scared residents.
The 7 Division of the Nigerian Army in Maiduguri on Sunday said the early morning explosion in the out-skirt of Maiduguri emanated from routine testing of military equipment.
Speaking to newsmen on Sunday, spokesman of the Division, Col Tukur Gusau, urged residents not to panic.
``It is a routine test firing of our weapons to ensure that they are in a state of readiness,'' he said.
Meanwhile, there had been reports that loud explosions were heard from the areas of Kayamla and Dalori, in Maiduguri three days after the state was attacked by the insurgents, leaving 10 dead and many more injured.