Pulse.ng logo
Go

In Kwara Saraki market gutted by fire, multi-million Naira valuables destroyed

The fire, which was believed to have been caused by an electrical spark, started on Wednesday morning and raged till afternoon.

  • Published:
Saraki market gutted by fire, multi-million naira valuables destroyed (NOT PICTURED) play

Saraki market gutted by fire, multi-million naira valuables destroyed (NOT PICTURED)

(Filed)

The Saraki Market, lta-Ama in llorin, Kwara State was on Wednesday, October 5, gutted by fire, destroying foodstuffs worth several millions of Naira.

The hours-long inferno was said to have destroyed food items such as rice, beans, drinks among others, in over 60 shops.

Confirming the incident, the  Kwara State Fire Service Public Relations Officer, Malam Mohammed Kazeem, said an electrical spark could have caused the fire when electricity was restored in the market.

He said the fire was put out by the combined effort of firefighters and sympathisers.

Some of the traders who said they lost all their goods to the fire have appealed to the Kwara Government and llorin West Local Government to help them cushion the effect.

ALSO READ: 4 confirmed dead in tanker explosion along Lagos-Ibadan express

However, the Chairman of the Local Government, Alhaji Tajudeen Zulu-Oloje, has promised that the council will provide relief to the victims within the available resources.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.