Pulse.ng logo
Go

In Kano Dozens killed as suicide bomber hits Muslim procession

The blast was said to have occurred around 2.00pm.

  • Published:

Dozens of worshippers have been reported killed after a suicide bomber, who was part of a Shia Muslim procession in Kano State, today, Nov. 27.

According to the Guardian, the attack happened in the village of Dakasoye, some 20 kilometres (13 miles) south of the city, during a march by followers of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria.

The blast was said to have occurred around 2.00pm.

“It’s a huge crowd so it’s too early to give a precise figure of casualties.

“We now have the other suspect in custody”, the group wrote on its website.

One of the organizers of the procession who spoke to AFP could not give a specific figure of casualties as at press time.

The organizer who pleaded anonymity said: “It’s a huge crowd so it’s too early to give a precise figure of casualties. We now have the other suspect in custody.”

He explained that the bomber cunningly mixed with the crowd and in matter of seconds detonated the bomb.

The source added that the bomber “was dressed in black like everyone else. His accomplice was initially arrested and confessed they were sent by Boko Haram

“They were part of the young men abducted by Boko Haram in (the Borno state town of) Mubi last year and taken to Sambisa Forest where they were given some military training.

“They were sent to Kano 11 days ago and kept in a house specifically for this attack.”

The bomber was said to have blown up the place after he found that his accomplice had been arrested.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.