Cooking time: 40 minutes
1. Wash well the cut pieces of yam with clean water, and put them inside a pot. Add water and allow to boil for 10 minutes.
2. Add your palm oil and allow to boil for 5 minutes; as this will allow miscibility with the boiling water.
3. Add your washed smoked fish, sliced onions, and blended pepper. Stir with turning stick and allow to boil for another 5minutes.
4. Add salt (depending on the quantity of meal) and 1 or 2 cubes of seasoning to taste. You can add scent leaf to improve aroma if you want to, then allow to simmer for 2 to 3 mins. Stir well to ensure uniform taste.
5. Allow to simmer a little and your yam porridge is ready to be served.
Yam porridge or yam soup as it is sometimes called is mainly cooked with the above ingredients, and the resulting dish contains some soupy liquid.
Yam porridge is counted among the easy to make Nigerian food. It is a dietary food for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
A plate of yam porridge with vegetable contains: Calories, fat, fiber and protein.
ALSO READ: Creating the perfect dish