Recipe for the holiday: How to prepare gizzard peppersoup
If there's anything great about having a free day to stretch your legs and relax, it's all the amazing food you can also consume during this time.
1. Wash the gizzard and boil with chopped onions, pepper and seasoning cubes.
2. When gizzard is a bit soft, reduce heat and add the chopped yam cubes and allow to boil.
3. Roast and pound the ehuru. Deseed the uda and pound with the ehuru. Place the uyayak on fire and roast before adding to the pot of peppersoup.
4. Add the pounded spices to the pot and increase the heat.
5. Add the crayfish powder and taste to correct seasoning.
6. When both yam and gizzard are soft, add the chopped scent leaves and serve gizzard pepper soup hot.
Your gizzard peppersoup is ready!
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: