The liver; one of the most important organs in the body needs detox/cleansing from time to time, find out three easy ways to keep them in great shape by detoxing.
Cleansing the liver is a great way to keep it healthy and in top shape.
The liver is responsible for filtering harmful toxins from the body/blood stream so it plays a crucial role in the proper functioning of the body.
Inarguably the second largest organ in the human body and one of the most important, it's important to care for the liver by detoxifying through medical programs or simple remedies (like eating healthy/simple cleansing recipes)
These four foods and how to use them work great for cleansing the liver, take a look below:
Lemons are known to help detoxify the liver, the high amount of Vitamin C it contains helps the liver in production of more enzymes that aid digestion as well as boost mineral absorption.
How to (Lemon Water):
1. Squeeze one lemon
2. Add lemon juice to about a cup of water, diluting to taste
3. (Add slices of lemon to the drink, if you wish)
4. You can also add honey if you want
5. Drink this mix at intervals.
Garlic works great for cleansing the liver as it helps it with enzymes that clear out toxins from the body.
Garlic also helps to combat fat which is great for the liver, it's best to use fresh raw garlic as against the processed one.
1. Eat two two to three garlic cloves daily.
2. Add garlic to any food you cook daily.
3. You can chop/slice garlic and take like pills
Grapefruit is a good source of vitamin C, it contains antioxidants as well as helps to cleanse the liver naturally.
1. Squeeze grapefruit for fresh juice
2. Add the juice with a small glass of water and drink daily
You can also eat the fruit whole as part of a meal especially breakfast.
(Before including grapefruit as a daily juice/fruit make sure it doesn't clash with medications as it may hinder the effective use of certain drugs, be sure to consult with a physician before making it a daily ritual).
Watch a video on weight loss below.