From Kate Henshaw, Stephanie Linus, Peace Anyiam Osigwe to Fred Amata, Kingsley Ogoro, check out full list of 28 members of the Review Committee, which was inaugurated by Lai Mohammed.
The Inauguration kicked off with a speech by the Minister of Information and culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who stated that he isn't sure he will get the kind of support he needs with the 'level of disunity in the industry'.
Check out the full list of members of the review committee below;
1. Coordinator – Peace Anyiam Osigwe
2. Deputy Coordinator – Mahmood Ali Balogun
3. Deputy Secretary – Anthony Anih
4. National Society of Cinematographers – Afam Chiazor
5. Editors Guild – Fidelis Eweta (President)
6. Creative Designers Guild – Biodun Abe
7. DGN – Fred Amata
8. Association of Movie Producers – Ralph Nwadike
9. Representative of Nigerian Film and Video Censors Board
10. Representative of the Nigerian Film Corporation (To serve as Secretary to Review Committee)
11. Representative of the Ministry of Information
12. Representative of Nigeria Copyright Commission
13. Association of Nollywood Core Producers (ANCOP) – Alex Eyengho
14. Technical – Kingsley Ogoro
15. MOPPAN – Dr. Sanni Muazu and Prof. Umar Farouk Jibril.
16. Movie Ambassadors of Nigeria – Saidi Balogun
17. Female Producers of Nigeria – Stephanie Okereke
18. President ITPAN – Osezua Stephen-Imobhio
19 NANTAP – Mr Obalana (President)
20. Actors – Kate Henshaw
21. ANTP Representative – Victor Olateju Ashaolu.
22. TAMPAN- Dele Odule
23. MEDIA – Victor Akande
24. Producers and Marketers Association of Nigeria (FVPMAN) – Norbert Aigebu
25 Emeka Aduaka
26. Kenneth Gyang
27. Screen Writers Guild – Chidi Nwokobia
28 Electronic Media Content Owners Association of Nigeria (EMCOAN, President) – Debbie Odutayo
The Motion Picture Practitioners Council of Nigeria (MOPPICON) Bill was created over 10 years ago after a group of industry practitioners sat to draft it.
Recently, Minister of Information and Culture announced the inauguration of a Ministerial Committee aimed at fast-tracking the passage into law of the MOPPICON Bill.
The announcement was made by Minister of Information and Culture at the 2016 Kannywood Awards.