- DreamCase has invented a bed-in-a-box that can turn a Tesla into a camping "tent."
- The case includes a foam mattress, duvet, and pillows.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
DreamCase is challenging the need for camper vans by creating their eponymous product: a suitcase-esque capsule filled with bedding items that can turn the trunk of your car into a camping "tent."
The idea for the DreamCase was born after its founder William Frost laid in the back of his Tesla watching the sunrise in Monte Carlo after a long night, Frost told Business Insider.
"The previous evening I had been on a 'life hack' mission to see how I could spend an evening in one of the world's most expensive places with only four resources at hand(:) Tesla Model S, $1,000 Suit, 50 Euros and a home-made sleeping solution for my car," Frost said.
The company was established in 2016 and formally launched in 2017. Five weeks after the release of DreamCase, Tesla updated the Model S and X with "Camper Mode." This mode maintains climate control and air filtration throughout the night and has ignited a popular subculture of Tesla campers in the community of EV owners, Bloomberg reported .
"We aim to inspire people to find adventure on the road less travelled, to go and see what's over the next hill, the next mountain, to transform the very concept of sleeping on ones car, and to ignite what we believe will be the future of outdoor recreational travel," the auto-accessory maker said in a statement.
Keep scrolling to learn more about DreamCase and how it works:
- Boeing 737 Max could be grounded for even longer because of 'substandard' documentation it sent regulators
- Volkswagen unveiled 4 custom cars for SEMA that are ready for outdoor adventures
- Tesla is starting to ditch Salesforce and replace it with its own software for company salespeople
SEE ALSO: Take a look inside this Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van that was converted into a colorful tiny home on wheels