How all 14 candidates finished in Edo governorship election
12 candidates finished the election with a combined total of 5,833 votes
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared the 63-year-old winner of the September 19 election after concluding votes collation on Sunday, September 20.
The candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) beat his closest challenger, Osagie Ize-Iyamu, candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), by a total of 84,336 votes.
According to INEC, a total of 557,443 voters were accredited for the election, which registered violence in some areas of the state.
A total of 550,242 votes were cast, with 537,407 validly counted, and 12,835 rejected due to voter errors.
Governor Obaseki finished with 307,955 votes at the conclusion of the contest, while Ize-Iyamu finished with 223,619.
All the 12 other candidates finished the election with a combined total of 5,833 votes.
How candidates performed:
- Godwin Obaseki - Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) - 307,955
- Osagie Ize-Iyamu - All Progressives Congress (APC) - 223,619
- Obhafuoso Paul - Action Alliance (AA) - 107
- Mabel Akomu Oboh - African Democratic Congress (ADC) - 1,370
- Ibio Lucky Emmanuel - Action Democratic Party (ADP) - 2,374
- Lucky Osagie Idehen - All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) - 177
- Igbineweka Osamuede - Allied Peoples Movement (APM) - 57
- Amos Osalumese Areloegbe - Action Peoples Party (APP) - 78
- Osifo Uhun-Ekpenma Isaiah - Labour Party (LP) - 267
- Agol Ebun Tracy - New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) - 258
- Stevie Nash Ozono - National Rescue Movement (NRM) - 573
- Felix Ikezoe Obayangbon Social Democratic Party (SDP) - 323
- Jones Osagiobare - Young Progressive Party (YPP) - 132
- Akhalamhe Amiemenoghena - Zenith Labour Party (ZLP) - 117
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: