The Minister of Finance,
As stipulated in the Fiscal Responsibility Act, 2007, any Federal Government funded agency that generates revenue must remit 80 per cent of its profit as operating surplus into the Consolidated Revenue Funds accounts.
For many years, several government agencies have been accused of short-changing the government or under remitting their profits.
ALSO READ: Reps uncover 'fraudulent practices' in MDAs
The Federal Government has therefore turned the heat on these erring agencies.
Here are 10 out of the 31 affected agencies:
1. Central Bank of Nigeria
2. Petroleum Technology Development Fund
3. National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control
4. Nigerian Television Authority
5. Securities and Exchange Commission
6. Nigeria Ports Authority
7. Bureau of Public Enterprises
8. Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency
9. Debt Management Office
10. Nigeria Inland Revenue Service