Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has moved to calm the tension brewing in the South-East region over the ultimatum issued to Igbos living in the North.
Osinbajo, in a meeting with South-East Governors and stakeholders, on Wednesday, June 14, 2017, said the government will do all in its power to ensure the unity of Nigeria.
A group known as the Coalition of Northern Youths (CNY) had earlier issued a statement asking Igbos to leave the region.
According to Vanguard, Osinbajo said that the Federal Government will not shy away from its constitutional responsibilities.
The Acting President also condemned any form of violence, adding that war is impossible to end.
Osinbajo said "Burying our heads in the sand and expecting the storm to blow over of their own accord is not an option.”
ALSO READ:Northern group declares war on Igbos
The Acting President said that the reason for the meeting was to address issues arising from the eviction notice decisively.
According to reports, several Governors from the North have condemned the call for asking Igbos to leave the region.