Rolex is a very easy-to-make Ugandan breakfast sold on the streets of the country in the mornings. Check out how to prepare Rolex for yourself.
This meal is actually just an omlet with vegetables rolled in bread, very similar to the egg and plantain frittata. You can add whatever vegetables or garnishing you want to have a full serving.
1. Wash and finely chop your ingredients.
2. Crack your eggs in a bowl and add the chopped ingredients. Mix till well combined.
3. Heat a frying pan and oil slightly. Pour the eggs into the pan in a flat circle and cook till back is slightly browned. Flip to the other side and cook for some more minutes.
4. Place the Chapati bread on top and allow to warm up.
5. Remove both from heat and leave to cook a bit. When cool, roll the chapati and omlet together (with the bread being the outerlayer) to form the rolex.
Your Ugandan Rolex is ready to eat!