Combine these moves with a healthy diet and cardio work and you'll be breaking out the bikini in no time. With the right exercise plan, you can reduce cellulite and make your lower body look smoother and firmer to help you slip on a bikini with confidence and in no time you will be sitting at poolside with pride.
Simple moves to get perfect beach body
Workouts to help you slip on a bikini with confidence and in no time you will be sitting at poolside with pride.
Fitness Focus: Thighs, Glutes, Calves, Abs, Shoulders
- As you lower into the lunge, bring both arms out to your sides at shoulder height.
- Hold for 2 counts, then rise and return to standing, bringing legs and arms back to starting position.
- Alternate 20 reps (10 per leg) with control.
Fitness Focus: Chest, Back, Arms, Abs, Glutes
- Come to full push up position with hands under shoulders and draw abdominal in toward spine.
- Lift left leg to hip height (point toes) or slightly higher. Lift and lower left leg 5 times.
- Repeat leg lifts on right side.
- Extend left leg, bend elbows, and slowly lower chest 4 inches toward the ground; straighten arms.
- Do 5 push-ups with left leg lifted, then lower.
- Do 5 more push-ups with right leg lifted.
Kneeling One-Arm Side Kick
Fitness Focus: Chest, Shoulders, Glutes, Obliques
- Come to hands and knees with palms directly under shoulders and extend left leg behind you to hip height.
- Grasp a 2-pound dumbbell in right hand (optional) and lift right arm out to the side to shoulder level.
- Keeping hips, head, and arms stable, kick left leg out to the side as far as you can without rocking or using momentum.
- Hold for 2 counts.
- Return leg to starting position (keep arm lifted) and repeat 10 times; switch sides.
Front Plank/Back Support
Fitness Focus: Arms, Chest, Back, Legs, Glutes, Abs
- Sit with legs extended and toes pointed, pressing palms to the ground 6 inches behind your butt, fingers pointing to your back.
- Engage your abs and arch upper back slightly.
- Press body weight into your hands and lift hips up, forming one line from ankles to shoulders.
- As you lift hips, try to touch the balls of both feet to the ground.
- Hold for 2 counts, then return to starting position; repeat 10 times.
Fitness Focus: Arms, Thighs, Glutes, Back, Abs
- Lie face down and either clasp hands or hold a light dumbbell behind back.
- Bend knees and bring shins perpendicular to ground, toes pointed.
- Bring heels to glutes twice in short kicks.
- On the third kick, lift chest off ground and extend arms straight back to hover an inch above your glutes. Straighten legs, contract thighs and glutes, and lift legs 2 inches; hold for 2 counts.
- Lower chest, head and arms; return feet to starting position.
- Repeat 10 times.
Fitness Focus: Abs, Back, Shoulders
- Sit with knees bent and arms parallel to ground in front of chest, holding dumbbells (optional) with palms facing each other.
- Lean back to engage abs; bend both knees 90 degrees and lift legs until shins are parallel with the ground.
- Balancing on your tailbone, hold for 5 seconds.
- Keeping arms and shins parallel to the ground, slowly roll lower back down 4 inches and hold for 5 seconds.
- Using core strength, roll up to starting position. Repeat 10 times without touching feet to the ground or rolling all the way down.
Half-Seated Hip Circle
Fitness Focus: Abs, Thighs, Obliques
- Lean back on elbows, abs tight, fingers cupping sides of hips to keep your pelvis still.
- Extend legs 60 degrees, keeping lower back pressed to the ground.
- Point toes, press inner thighs together, and trace 10 large clockwise circles in the air with both feet, then trace 10 counter clockwise circles.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: