Yesterday, August 31, 2016, Mavin singer
If you have doubted Reekado Banks celebrity power, doubt no more because the guests who turned up for the event were superstars, legends and also men in the corridors of power.
The impressive guest list went like this; Lagos state Commissioner for Tourism, Arts and Culture Folarin Coker, Nigerian football legend, Jay Jay Okocha, night club entrepreneur Shina Peller, top Nigerian comedian AY and all the way from Tanzania Vanessa Mdee who featured on the album.
With the exception of Tiwa Savage who is in America, the Mavins were out in full force. Don Jazzy, D'Prince, Dr Sid, Di'Ja, DJ Big N and Korede Bello were in the house.
Other celebrities included DJ Cuppy, DJ Spinall, Lola Rae, Banky W, Dorcas Sola Fapson, Jaywon, Viktoh, Ketchup, Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi, Falz, Vector, Sean Tizzle, Solid Star and a host of others.
Hard Rock Café was a mix of a bevvy of beautiful ladies, celebrities and artistes who came out to listen to Reekado Banks' first offering. The Mavin singer kept a low profile, sitting with his label mates before he was called on stage to preview his anticipated album.
As the listening party smoothly moved into the early hours of the morning these are the things, Pulse gathered from the event;
- Mavin Records' ties to the Lagos state government is strong as Lagos state Commissioner for Tourism, Arts and Culture Folarin Coker waited for the majority of the event. He also sat down with the Mavins as Reekado Banks played his album.
- As the event started DJ Spinall and DJ Cuppy sat down together at the bar upstairs in Hard Rock Cafe. They were engrossed in their conversation throughout. Later on, they moved down and stayed beside the stage and were there when the event started properly till the end. DJs stick together we guess.
- Banky W will always be a ladies man. The eligible bachelor stepped into Hard Rock Cafe with two lovely ladies in his arms. They were not ordinary ladies too. Singer Lola Rae and actress Dorcas Sola Fapson accompanied Banky W to the listening party and they all sat together at the same table with Jay Jay Okocha and Paul Okoye of Up Front & Personal.
- Don Jazzy couldn't stop dancing when fast rising singer Viktoh performed his hit track 'Skiibii'. The master producer couldn't stop moving his body as the YBNL singer sang on stage.
- Speaking of YBNL, apart from Viktoh, Olamide's manager
- Mavin singer Di'Ja hasn't put on any weight. The singer who gave birth in July still looks as slim ever. It would be hard for some to imagine that she is now a mum.
- Reekado Banks now has a tattoo sleeve on his right arm. The pop star's new body of ink could be clearly seen when he was on stage.
Reekado Banks’ first body of work was produced entirely in-house, by Don Jazzy, Babyfresh and Altims.
Don Jazzy produced 6 tracks, Babyfresh tied that number with a decent 6 tracks, while Altims got a slight edge, supervising work on 8 tracks.
This brings the sum of all the songs to 21, inclusive of a skit handled by Kenny Blaq. The album contains 18 new songs, with released singles ‘Katapot’, ‘Oluwa ni’, and ‘Standard’ making the project.