Vice President explains why government is hiding looters’ names
Osinbajo made the comment on Monday, June 6, 2016, while meeting with a delegation of the European Union at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.
“We have released the list of recovered loot, we know people are asking for the names, but releasing the names may jeopardize ongoing investigations,” Osinbajo said according to a statement released by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande.
Information Minister, Lai Mohammed had earlier said that President Muhammadu Buhari was advised against releasing the looters’ names.
Meanwhile, the government has recovered N78 billion, $185 million and £3 million from looters who willingly returned stolen funds.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: