The Osun state in an official statement announced the selection of Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi as the new Ooni of Ife.
The Governor of Osun state, Rauf Aregbesola said Ogunwusi was selected, after the completion of the due process by the traditional king-makers.
Here are 10 things you should know about the new Ooni of Ife.
1. He is a prince in the Ojaja Royal compound of Agbedegbede in the Giesi Ruling House.
2. His parents are Prince Ropo and Late Mrs Margaret Wuraola Ogunwusi
3. He is the 5th direct descendant of the Giesi family.
4. He is 40 years old.
5. He attended The Polytechnic, Ibadan, where he obtained a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Accountancy.
6. He sits as a non-executive director, on the board of Imperial Homes Mortgage Bank Limited (a subsidiary of GTBank).
7. He is a certified member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria.
8. He is a certified member of the Institute of Management.
9. He is the Managing Director of Managing Director of Howard Roark Gardens Limited.
10. His father was a radio and television anchor.