When eggs are overcooked, they smell badly and the egg yolk turns green. To overcome these problems, heres how to make the perfect hard boiled egg.
Ever burnt eggs while boiling?
Eggs are a huge part of Nigerian meals and cooking them seem like a small feat, but one bad egg can ruin your day. Use this food hack in getting the right hard boiled eggs.
1. Place the eggs in the pot and cover eggs with cool water.
2. Cover the pot and cook on high heat.
ALSO READ: How to make rice pancakes
3. When the water is boiling and the egg is rolling around in the pot, put off the heat.
4. Leave the egg in the hot water (and very low heat) and let to continue heating for about 10 minutes. Set a timer if you have to but it is important that the eggs stay in the pot for 10 minutes maximum after you have turned off the heat.
5. After 10 minutes, transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice cold water and leave till the eggs have cooled down completely.
6. Peel and serve.
Your perfect egg is ready to be eaten! Add it to your breakfast and enjoy your day.