Pulse.ng logo

End Of The Road Militant who murdered officers in Ikorodu killed in gun fight

A militant leader who coordinated the killing of police officers and a military Captain in the Ikorodu area of Lagos has been killed in a shootout.

  • Published:
The killed militant leader, Endurance Ominisan play

The killed militant leader, Endurance Ominisan


Barely two weeks after he led his gang of bandits to kill four police officers and a Captain in the Nigerian Army, the suspected leader has been shot dead during a gun battle with operatives of the Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team (IRT).

Punch reports that the suspect, Endurance Ominisan, aka Mighty, was killed when he sneaked into his girlfriend's house located on Joel Adebolu Street, Ibeshe, Ikorodu, Lagos State.

Mighty's gang were said to be responsible for the murder of the officers after policemen from the Owutu Division and some military officers, led by one Captain Mohammed, had responded to a distress call to rescue residents kidnapped by suspected militants.

ALSO READ: "In Lagos: Militants kill 5 policemen, 2 soldiers"

On returning from the operation, the militants were said to have surrounded the operatives and opened fire on them, killing the four officers identified as Inspector Iroagbalachi Godwin (aka Apostle), Inspector Pemi Francis, Sergeant Dembo Mamodu, and Sergeant Udoh Okoro, including the Captain and two other residents.

Mighty met his death when the IGP response team led by ACP Abba Kyari, was deployed in the area with the mandate to make sure the killers were brought to book.

Since the incident happened and with the deployment of the police, the militants were said to have retreated to their hideouts in the creeks and refused to come out but on Sunday, April 16, 2017, their leader, Ominisan, an indigene of Ondo State, sneaked out to visit his girlfriend in a flat he rented for her in the Ibeshe area.

A police source said that the IGP team which had placed men in strategic places, trailed him to the house and laid siege to it.

“When he knew that the house had been surrounded, he ran to the roof and started shooting at the operatives. He released four bullets.

He wanted to jump to the next house when the police replied to the gunfire and he was hit. He was brought down from the roof and taken to the Ikorodu General Hospital where he later died.”

ALSO READ: "Breaking News: Gunmen suspected to be militants invade Lagos school, abduct principal"

It was gathered that before he gave up the ghost, the suspect allegedly confessed to being the leader of the team that killed the policemen and the military officer.

He was also said to have admitted to being one of those who kidnapped a monarch, the Oniba of Ibaland, Oba Goriola Oseni, and the schoolgirls from the Turkish International Colleges, among other kidnappings in Lagos and Ogun States in the past two years.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.