Toyota was founded by 'Kiichiro Toyoda' in 1937, from his father’s company Toyota industries to create automobiles.
10 amazing facts about Toyota
It was called 'Toyoda,' it later transitioned to 'Toyota', which was more appealing to the Japanese market.
It was called 'Toyoda,' it later transitioned from 'Toyoda' to 'Toyota', which was more appealing to the Japanese market.
Here are things you probably didn’t know about the Japanese brand;
1. The first Toyota Jeeps were built for the United States government.
2. Eighty percent of Toyota sold 20 years ago are still on the road today.
3. The Toyota Supra was in production from 1978 to 2002.
4. The first Toyota engine was basically a Chevy.
5. When the Korean war broke out, Uncle Sam told Toyota it wanted 100 Jeep-like vehicles.
6. The first Corolla was actually kinda sporty for a mid-1960s economy car.
7. It takes a Camry V6 190 feet of test track to stop from 70 mph.
8. Developing the first Lexus took 450 prototypes to get right.
9. There are 1,506 Toyota, Scion and Lexus dealers in the United States.
10. Toyota has created 365,000 jobs in the United States.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: