The Nigerian Army has said that most of the soldiers who

News of the soldiers’ return was confirmed to journalists in Maiduguri by the Theater Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, Major Gen. Lucky Irabor on Wednesday, October 26.

“It is true that about 39 soldiers were declared missing. I want to inform you that a sizeable number of our soldiers had returned to base, I think it is only a handful that have not been found, operations are ongoing in the area,” Irabor said.

“I think that we will give you the details in due course; we have a task before us that anyone held by the Boko Haram terrorists must be rescued. We will do everything possible to rescue them.

“So far, we have arrested 30 suspects in connection with the crime of collaborating with the terrorists. We have four soldiers, two policemen, vigilantes and other civilians, for some reasons we cannot give out their names for now, but we will do that at the end of the investigation,” he added.

Meanwhile, controversy has arisen as to the actual number of soldiers who went missing during the attack.

ALSO READ: We should be very worried if 83 Nigerian Soldiers are missing

Media reports have it that 83 soldiers went missing but Army spokesman, Sani Usmantold Pulse exclusively that the reports are exaggerated.