You’ve waited for this day and dreamt about your wedding being perfect with all eyes on you.
You wouldn’t want to look anything less than a dream, radiating and glowing from all the excitement, happiness and slight nervousness. So, how do you ensure you look your best on your most special day?
Here are 10 beauty things that you may want to fix before your wedding.
1. Pimple, acne marks: Pimples can ruin your look as they cannot completely be concealed with make-up. If your skin is prone to acne, you need to get it checked by a dermatologist who can prescribe a treatment for it. You will also have to watch what you eat. Oily food, indigestion are all culprits of acne. Even dandruff can lead to acne on your face. Since it will take some time to get this problem under control, it is best to visit a skin specialist well in advance. With medications and right products, you can get rid of acne before your D-Day.
Another issue which lingers on after the acne is gone is its scars. These are either deep pits on the skin or spots which refuse to lighten. While they may be easier to cover with the help of make-up, in order to get rid of them, you can opt for treatments like microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and fractional lasers.
2. Uneven skintone: Tanning and uneven skintone on the face or arms is quite common due to sun exposure and the lack of use of sunscreen. While home remedies like potato and lime juice can come in handy due to their bleaching properties, you may also want to consider options like chemical peels and laser therapy. These will help remove dirt and tan from the surface and rejuvenate your skin.
3. Dull, lifeless hair: Hair woes are many, depending on the type of your hair – dry, oily, thin, frizzy, etc. But one thing that can lead to lifeless hair is improper haircare. In order to give it the shine it deserves, especially on your wedding day, follow simple tips like keeping it well-nourished with a weekly oil treatment, using a good shampoo which suits your hair type, not blow drying it too often, refraining from too much hair styling tools and products like hair gels, straightners, chemical colours, and so on. Go for a haircut at least after every six months to keep split ends at bay. You can also make hair packs at home using ingredients like avocado, shea butter, eggs.
4. Dark circles: Stress, long working hours, lack of sleep can often result in dark circles under the eyes or puffiness. You can cover them with a concealer but it is best to reduce them to look fresh and naturally beautiful on your wedding. Use under-eye gels to keep this delicate skin hydrated, use retinols which are vitamin A derivates or even a cold compress to reduce puffiness.
5. Pubic hair: Unwanted body hair can be a big menace especially in the bikini area. Many women may want to get rid of it before their wedding. Here are a few solutions you can try – Brazilian wax, shaving, hair removal creams or a more permanent solution is laser hair removal sessions.
6. Hand and feet woes: Going for a pedicure and manicure before your wedding will ensure that you don’t have feet or hands problems like ingrown nails, cracked nails, calluses, etc. Get a foot massage and get your nails painted matching your wedding outfit. Many a times, you tend to ignore these as they don’t sound that important but taking good care of them is also vital or else it can spoil your look which you notice only later in the photographs.
7. Dark underarms: If your wedding outfit is sleeveless then you must ensure your underarms are not dark. Massaging it with coconut oil or applying lemon juice is a good way to lighten it. You need to keep the area dry, bathe regularly to remove sweat and odour.
8. Spots on back: Ensuring that there are no spots on your back and it looks glowing is important on your wedding day especially if you are going to wear a backless dress, or if your hair will be tied up in a bun. Hyperpigmentation can be reduced with skin ligtening creams, laser therapy and peels.
9. Stretch marks: Stretch marks usually occur when there is a sudden change in weight and it loses its elasticity. Some home remedies to lighten their appearance are rubbing vitamin E, aloe vera gel, keeping the area moisturised.
10. Dandruff: Dandruff is quite common in both dry and greasy scalp and can get quite itchy. You certainly don’t want to spoil your look with white flakes on your wedding dress. It can be quite embarrassing. So get the situation under control with either a medicated, anti-dandruff shampoo or home-made packs using shea butter, eggs, etc.
Once these beauty problems are resolved, you are sure to glow and look special with your perfect looking skin and hair on your wedding day.