Are you experiencing a sudden bout of oily skin? Did you once have perfectly flawless skin and then wake up one morning to realise you now have oily skin? You're not alone.
Nothing is more frustrating than an oily face as this means you constantly have to touch up your make-up. While most ladies currently adopt some form of beauty regimen or the other, the truth is that sometimes this contributes to the problem. The make-up we use is also another factor that sometimes triggers the onslaught of oily skin.
Here are 6 reasons why your skin is becoming oily.
- Overuse of skin products: Ideally you should cleanse, tone and moisturise everyday and exfoliate every other day. However in a situation where you overdo these things, you could dry out the skin which leads to drying out of the skin and subsequently, the skin overproduces oil to make up for it. Just like that your battling oily skin.
- Sleeping with make-up: Doing this over time could lead to a build-up of product and over time, you begin to develop an oily skin.
- Excess heat: The increase in heat can lead to an increase in oil production which is why the skin is generally oilier during the hot months.
- Medication: Certain medication like birth control pills can lead to an increase in oil production causing oily skin.
- Stress: When the body is stressed, it produces more androgen hormones, which leads to more oil production and consequently oily skin.
- Diet: It's no news that certain types of food can lead to increased oil production, constant consumption of food that is rich in oil is a sure-fire way of developing oily skin.