Exfoliating often helps ease dry lips usually caused by changes in weather, dehydration, medications and more to reveal visibly smoother, softer and 'cleaner' lips.
Beauty blogger Lola OJ who also swears by exfoliating the lips recently agrees, "If like me, you wear a lot of lipstick, it’s quite important that you maintain healthy lips. Like exfoliating your face, which I would suggest weekly also, exfoliating your lips helps remove the dead skin on the surface of your lips which brings out new fresh layers making the lips soft, smooth and plump".
To exfoliate at home, these three fast ways work brilliant.
- Use Lemon (Juice) with honey
Lemon juice works amazing to exfoliate the lips as the citric acid it contains contains exfoliating properties.
1. Cut lemon into half, take a slice and gently rub around clean lips (to get rid of dry/dead skin on the surface to reveal newer one).
2. Apply honey over the lips afterwards and leave on for 7-10 minutes. Wipe this off and moisturize as per usual.
-Use coconut oil and sugar
A blend of coconut oil and sugar exfoliate the lips well and fast. Coconut oil is also a great option for people with dry lips.
1. Put a few drops of coconut oil in a bowl and add sugar, mix till you get a paste
2. Apply this on clean lips with a toothbrush with soft bristle in gentle 'sweeping' motion for a few seconds.
3. Wipe this off and moisturize the lips as per usual.