Living a healthy life doesnt just refer to eating right and exercising regularly. Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. This implies that your psyche matters just as much as your physical wellbeing.
Here are steps to take in aim of living a better, healthier life.
1. Eat breakfast: The importance of eating breakfast cannot be stressed enough for it is the most essential meal of the day if you want to live a healthy life.
2. Have some wine : Red wine in wise portions is actually really good for the heart. It contains anti-oxidants that are also found in green tea and reduces the risk of heart disease.
3. Indulge in dairy: For those who are not lactose intolerant, its important to have some form of dairy products either milk or yoghurt for good supply of calcium to prevent the risk of weak bones.
4.Good work out: Irrespective of your age, exercise is essential for your health. It makes you sleep better, eat better, feel better and ultimately be in good shape.
5.Drink water: Cut down on carbonated drinks and excessive booze, drink more water to hydrate your body and also cleanse your system.
6. Regular check ups: You don't need to be ghastly ill before you go to a hospital. go for regular check up for your eyes, teeth and reproductive organs, check ups are a good way of being assured you are of good health and also to catch whatever may be wrong before it gets really bad.
7. Laugh out loud: If you are a super health nut who eats all the right things and visits a gym regularly but you don't know how to have a good laugh it defeats the purpose. Laughing is VERY good for you, it releases endorphins into the body that make you feel good.
8.Quit smoking: Smoking is a bad habit that slowly kills the individual by weakening his heart and lung muscles. Plus smoking, the benefits of not smoking are so much higher.
9. Sex life : A healthy sex life where you and your partner are satisfied has a couple of psychological benefits. Having an adequate and satisfying sex life definitely puts your mind in a good place.
10. Have friends : Being a loner isn't a sign of a healthy life style, we all need someone. someone to have lunch with, someone to hug, someone to talk to, someone who has your back. Knowing that you have friends that can be there for you is a great weight lifted off your shoulders.