10 photos anyone who's ever been kissed by a mosquito will understand
As long as you grew up in Nigeria, and you most likely had a close encounter with malaria, this is for you.
The biggest casualties are children. So much so that almost every Nigerian, at some point, might have experienced some degree of malaria. Here are a few memes that will remind you of your Malaria struggles from when you were a kid.
1. You start to develop a fever and you don’t want your mum to find out.
2. When she finally finds out you’ve been hiding.
3. The unending drugs.
4. And the plenty pepper you eat.
5. When your symptoms disappear but she still won’t take her eyes off you.
6. When she catches you sleeping in the afternoon.
Has the Malaria come back?
7. Or saying you don’t feel like eating.
8. When she sees you pressing phone.
9. Or walking in the sun.
10. Or just breathing.
And then you realise that maybe, just maybe if she didn't take these measures, you might have ended up dead too.
But there's good news!
A malaria vaccine is currently being tested and we're here for it. Read more about it here.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: