Doesn't matter how expensive your gown is, you only get to wear it for this once in a lifetime moment
Let's face it, many brides have no intention of wearing the wedding dress again once their nuptials are over. Doesn't matter how expensive the gown is, they only get to wear it for this once in a lifetime moment.
Inspired by Brides.com, here are a few ideas on what to do with your gown once your big day is over.
1. Sell it: For new brides trying to scrape every Naira together after the wedding or trying to reach a particular amount in savings to purchase something valuable, consider selling your wedding gown.
2. Recycle it: If you seem to love the fabric too much to part with it, try cutting pieces out to make nice clothes for your baby's christening or making a silk pillowcase for your baby's crib. A homemade handkerchief from pieces of your gown for your grown daughter would be awesome too.
3. Donate it: Donating your dress for a charitable cause is another option. A bride-to-be who hasn't got much in her pocket for an awesome wedding dress will find your dress more appealing. These proceeds from your goodwill can be donated towards another charitable cause.
4. Lend it out: You can lend out you awesome dress to another female family member or friend who seems to be finding it hard purchasing the dress of her dreams. Giving it out to a fashion house for a photoshoot session is also an awesome idea.
5. Keep it: If your gown is of sentimental value, holding on to it is another option for you. Make sure it is clean enough to pass it down in the future.