The founder/artistic director of Style House Files, the fashion agency behind LFDW (Omoyemi Akerele) shares an exciting lineup of expectations at the fashion week currently in its 6th year.
LFDW2016 set to kick off today 26th to 29th October comes with more retail incentives this year as the X-Retail makes a grand comeback giving Nigerian designers opportunity to sell pieces directly to consumers at the fashion week as well as 'Fashionomics' to set potential creatives in the right path.
Themed 'Connecting the dots' for the 2016 edition, the plan is in place to raise awareness for Nigeria's evolving fashion sector to function as a value chain where Akerele stated that the growth of the fashion industry is a long term one (no thanks to FOREX).
Omoyemi Akerele shares 7 reasons why anyone shouldn't miss the LFDW2016:
1. There would be "Runway shows with some of Africa's brightest talents"
2. The "Fashion Business Series on Thursday discussing key issues within the industry - Leather, Textiles & Creating Value" is a must attend.
3. "In collaboration with African Development Bank, we'll launch "Fashionomics" on Thursday -must attend for everyone!"
4. "LFDW X Retail is back! Our drive for #BuyNigerian to keep making an impact on retail within the sector."
5. "We'll also be presenting a collection designed and produced from the Human Capacity Development Center NEPC designed by a young lady -Morenike Vasithwa and produced by our first group of trainees in the center."
6. "Heineken LFDW2016 is the perfect culmination of the work we've done all year.. exhibitions, trade shows, skills acquisition classes, mentorship, LFDW X Creative Hustle and many more..."
7. "Come and support by buying at X Retail and feel the energy of passionate people working together come to life". Buying Nigerian helps the economy!