The Lagos State Police Command has lost one of its most brilliant officers,

Punch reports that when the news of the death of the 43-year-old officer was broken at the command headquarters in Ikeja, there was a mood of mourning and wailing as those who knew him were thrown into shock.

It was gathered that CSP Fagbohun, had suddenly vomited in his car, slumped and died within an hour of being rushed to the hospital.

ALSO READ: "Gone Too Soon: Eze Ndigbo of Malaysia dies 2 months after coronation"

Close friends narrate that the Odo-Aye in Ondo State-born officer who had been battling ulcer for some months now, was being driven by his younger brother to keep an appointment at about 8am on Tuesday, November 8, 2016, when he started vomiting and slumped in the car.

The brother allegedly drove him to a private hospital in Ikeja but the doctors at the hospital suggested to the brother that the DPO should be taken to another hospital but he died before he could be moved.

A police source noted that the late officer was transferred from the Igando Police Division to Iponri about a month ago and had recently sustained a gunshot injury during a shootout with vandals in the Igando area.

“The DPO had been sick for some time. He was moved from Igando to Iponri Division about a month ago. He had been in and out of hospital. He was discharged from a hospital just last week Thursday.

He was on his way to keep an appointment on Tuesday when he suddenly started vomiting and later slumped inside a car being driven by his brother, an engineer. The DPO was thereafter rushed to a hospital.

The hospital authorities referred him to another hospital because of his critical condition, but before they could move him out, he died. The doctors on duty confirmed him dead.

Fagbohun’s health deteriorated after his time at the Igando Division, where he battled with pipeline vandals. On one occasion, he was shot by the vandals.”

The State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Dolapo Badmos, has confirmed the demise of the DPO, saying he was such a gallant officer before he passed on.

“The command received the news as a rude shock. It came early in the morning on Tuesday to the CP, and the command is in mourning.

The deceased was one of our gallant officers. He was one of those who held the Igando Division against the invasion of the militants."

ALSO READ: "Gone Too Soon: City People loses Deputy Editor"

The PPRO concluded that the body has been deposited in a mortuary while an autopsy would be carried out on the corpse, adding that the command did not suspect any foul play unless if the autopsy reveals otherwise.