A few days after winning a huge sum of money from a lottery, a 35-year-old man identified as

Also Read: "'Baba Ijebu': Man dies after losing money to lotto"

It was gathered that Onyejekwe who lived on 21 Road, K Close, FESTAC, was murdered when he had gone out with his friends to celebrate the big win said to run into millions of naira when someone called him on the phone and he was heard arguing with the person.

Shortly after that, he told his friends he was going to see the man who had called him but never returned, only for his corpse to be discovered the next day in one of the estates in the area.

A resident in the estate said that their attention was drawn to the corpse by the chairman of the estate.

“I was sipping tea around 7am when I heard the chairman blowing a whistle. I thought it was strange, but my wife called my attention to the surging crowd on the estate.

I went downstairs and saw the corpse on the road. Like everybody, I was alarmed. We could not tell how the corpse got there or who he was.

He had multiple stab injuries in the head. We all resolved that the case should be reported at the FESTAC Police Station.”

The victim was later identified by some of his friends who expressed shock that he was murdered few days after the windfall from the lottery.

A friend said:

“The man won a lot of money in a lottery and from last Thursday to Friday, he was asking his friends to drink at his expense.

He was called on the phone that Friday evening and he went to meet a man. I suspect that a gang stabbed him and used an object to hit him in the head.

There were bruises on his knees and it appeared they dragged him on the floor as well. When the police were removing his corpse, blood was dripping from his mouth and nostrils. He was murdered in cold blood.”

Also Read: "Cruel Murder: 'Baba Ijebu' boss kills agent over missing N500"

The State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Dolapo Badmos, confirmed the incident, adding that the case has been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba.

“The chairman of one of the estates reported that at about 7am, he woke up and saw the victim lying lifeless with injuries on his head and body.

The corpse was deposited at the Isolo General Hospital Mortuary for an autopsy. Two suspects, and, were arrested and the case transferred to the SCIID for further investigation,” SP Badmos said.