Here are 10 things you should know about Boss Mustapha, Buhari's new SGF.
President Muhammadu Buhari has replaced Lawal with Mustapha after suspending the former since April 19, 2017.
How well do you know the new SGF?
Here are 10 of the best.
1. Mustapha served as MD of the National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA).
2. He is a lawyer by training. Mustapha was called to the bar in 1980. A management consultant and politician, Buhari’s new SGF nicked his Bachelor of Law degree (LLB) from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1979.
3. Mustapha was Social Secretary and Chairman of the Yola branch of the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) during his legal years. He is a like for like replacement (geopolitically speaking) for Babachir as Mustapha also hails from Adamawa State.
4. Mustapha served at the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) from 2000-2007.
5. Mustapha was appointed Principal Partner of the law firm, Adroit Lex after leaving the PTF in 2007.
6. Mustapha was a member of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Constituent Assembly (1988-1989), Chairman People’s Solidarity Party-Gongola State (1989-1990), State chairman, Social Democratic Party-Gongola State (1990-1991); he was also a gubernatorial candidate for SDP in Adamawa state in 1991.
7. Buhari’s new SGF was Deputy National Chairman of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) from 2010 to 2013. In 2007, he played his part as the Deputy Director General of the ACN presidential campaign.
8. He left Sotesa law firm in 1983 to join the prestigious law firm of Messrs Onagoruwa & Co in Lagos. He was thereafter appointed Principal Counsel in the firm of Messrs Mustapha & Associates.
9. During his NYSC year (1980-1981), Mustapha was the Directorate of Legal Services at the Army Headquarters and was in charge of review of Court Marshall Proceedings.
10. Mustapha’s hobbies include watching documentaries, playing lawn tennis, golf, engaging in charity and socialising.