Today, September 30, 2015, is the birthday of the creative and talented Kunle Afolayan, and we have put together 7 simple things every movie lover should know about him.
Kunle Afolayan is creative, talented, an award winning filmmaker, and a role model to many actors in the Nigerian film industry.
With a name popular for movies like 'October 1,' 'Irapada,' 'Figurine,' 'Phone Swap,' among others, Kunle is arguably one of the best filmmakers in the industry.
Today, September 30, 2015, is the birthday of the talented and multi award winning filmmaker, and we are celebrating him by sharing 7 things every movie lover should know about him.
Here we go;
1. The renowned filmmaker was born on September 30, 1974 to renowned filmmaker, late Adeyemi ‘Ade Love’ Afolayan.
2. Before Kunle became the filmmaker we've all come to admire, he worked in the banking industry for seven years.
3. In 2005, Kunle left the banking industry for full time acting, and attended the New York Film Academy where he took a course in acting.
4. Kunle who came into limelight following his role as Aresejabata in Tunde Kelani's Saworoide, has since created many award winning movies like 'Irapada,' 'The Figurine,' 'Araromire,' 'Phone Swap,' and 'October 1.'
5. Kunle is married to his beautiful wife Tolu Afolayan, and they have 3 kids together.
6. Kunle was appointed as one of the members of Jury for this year's Emmy Awards, alongside Tunde Kelani, Mo Abudu, among others.
7. On April 13, 2015, the pirated copies of Kunle's award winning movie 'October 1' was released amid controversy.
On March 7, 2015, at the 2015 AMVCAs, 'October 1' dominated the night, winning nine awards at the prestigious event.
See Pulse TV Video for more on Nollywood.