What you need:
- Two large eggplants
- Two medium sized onions
- Three cloves of garlic
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Two red bell peppers
- Six tomatoes
- Two tablespoons of tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
ALSO READ: Italian pesto spaghetti with pistachio nuts
1. Wash and cut the eggplants into medium sized rings.
2. Wash and cut the bell peppers into cubes.
3. Chop the onions and garlic and mix with butter in a bowl.
4. Fry in a pan with the olive oil for about five minutes.
5. Wash and steam the tomatoes and then peel and blend them.
6. Add the blended tomatoes and tomato paste into the frying pan and let simmer for a few minutes.
7. Lay the rings of eggplant and cubed peppers on a baking pan.
8. Cover with the fried tomato mixture.
9. Add salt and pepper to taste.
10. Cover with foil and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes till the eggplants are soft.
11. Serve as desired.