Teenager Electrocuted By Charging Cell Phone Dies

The young boy was reportedly listening to music while charging the phone

A 15-year-old boy in Ekiti has died after being electrocuted while listening to music on his phone.

Junior Abia plugged in his phone to charge at about 2pm on August 8 and at the same time stuck in his earpiece while at home with his older brother, Chibuzor.

A jolt of electricity then surged through him and all his brother’s attempts to remove the earpiece were in vain.

Chibuzor eventually called in neighbours to help and Junior was taken to a hospital but it was too late.

The mother of the deceased victim told reporters that her son wouldn’t have died if there was an adult around.

Junior has since been buried.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Unblock notifications in browser settings.

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng

Recommended articles

Twerking Wendy Shay threatens to snatch someone's man with her slim waist in 'wild' video

Twerking Wendy Shay threatens to snatch someone's man with her slim waist in 'wild' video

4 side effects of being a virgin for too long, according to research

4 side effects of being a virgin for too long, according to research

Doctor and nurse suspended for having sex, moaning and disturbing patients who're in pain

Doctor and nurse suspended for having sex, moaning and disturbing patients who're in pain

Police save little boy who hid inside aeroplane’s engine to travel abroad (video)

Police save little boy who hid inside aeroplane’s engine to travel abroad (video)

For men: 5 foods that can help you stay erect and sustain stronger erection

For men: 5 foods that can help you stay erect and sustain stronger erection

Women, this is why you should learn to initiate sex more in your relationship

Women, this is why you should learn to initiate sex more in your relationship

6 symptoms of stomach ulcer

6 symptoms of stomach ulcer

Ayisha Modi goes naked on IG as she flaunts her newly ‘acquired’ body (VIDEO)

Ayisha Modi goes naked on IG as she flaunts her newly ‘acquired’ body (VIDEO)

You should not do any of these while visiting the Oba's palace in Benin

You should not do any of these while visiting the Oba's palace in Benin