A senior police officer and his secret lover have reportedly died after consuming fumes from a generating set during a night of sexual romp.
South-South News reports that the lady whose name was given as Ifeoma, also a married woman, had visited the officer to spend the night with him and due to the lack of electricity, the man put on his generator so they could use the fans, only to be choked by the fumes.
It was learnt that the policeman's wife and children stay in Lagos and he was posted to Anambra a few months ago. The lady, according to family sources, had told her husband she was going for a church programme, only to end up in her lover's place when death came knocking.
The source said:
“The woman spent the night with her police lover until a labourer, who was to work for the policeman, came in the morning and discovered their naked bodies. The labourer then rushed out and alerted neighbours.
The neighbours followed him to confirm the incident, before a relative intervened and locked the gate, preventing people from further going inside the apartment.”
A neighbour who spoke to journalists, said the victims must have died from inhaling the fumes.
“There was the sound of a small generator throughout the night in his apartment. But at about 4am, it went dead; maybe the fuel got finished."
"The policeman lived on the third floor of the house. As a policeman, he hardly stayed around, but each time he was around, everybody would know, because he would run his generator all through the night. Everybody called him ‘Officer’, but I think he was an inspector.”