Pulse.ng logo

Kidnap Fashion designer abducted, gang-raped by 7 men

A 20-year-old fashion designer is still in pains after seven men kidnapped and gang-raped her.

  • Published:
Real men do not rape women play

Real men do not rape women

(Mothers of Congo)

Join the "sabi" clique. Don't miss a thing, get the latest updates to fuel your conversation daily

By signing up , you agree to our Privacy Policy and European users agree to the data transfer policy

Thank You! You have successfully subscribed to receive pulse.ng daily newsletter.

A 20-year-old fashion designer identified as Funmi, is still recuperating in the hospital after seven men led by one Abiodun Ariyo, 32, a cobbler, kidnapped her at the  Powerline area, Oko Oba, in the Agege area of state, and gang-raped her till she lost consciousness.

Punch reports that the woman was returning home from her shop at about 9pm on Sunday, January 24, when Ariyo and his gang waylaid her on the road and abducted her to a building where the kept her till the next day and took turns to have carnal knowledge of her till she passed out.

The victim’s family members were said to have looked everywhere for her without success, after which they reported at the Elere Police Station.

The next day, at about 11pm, Ariyo reportedly sneaked into the area and dropped the lay on her street where people who knew her took her to her family house but she could not talk about what she went through for a whole day.

When she was able to talk the following day, Funmi told her family what happened and Ariyo was later traced and arrested while his partners in crime are said to be on the run. It was discovered that suspect had earlier made advances on the woman but she had rebuffed him several times.

The victim's elder brother, Olasukanmi, while talking about the incident, said:

“Abbey (Ariyo) had earlier disturbed my sister, but she was not interested. Later, he bought her a phone which she collected. When we learnt about it, we told her to return it as Abbey was not a responsible man.

She went to return the phone to Abbey on Saturday. On Sunday, she was returning home around 9pm from her shop when Abbey led some guys to rape her.

They took her to a place where they slept with her. We searched for her all through Sunday till Monday. I went to her shop, but her friends said they did not see her. Around 11pm on Monday, she staggered back home.

We asked her what happened, but she could not say anything. It was on the second day, Tuesday, that she told us that it was Abbey and his friends that gang-raped her.

She could not recall other faces well, but she recognised Abbey. However, the police have yet to arrest the other suspects.”

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.