TCN's spokesperson said that the sub-station was completely destroyed by Boko Haram insurgents on July 4, 2014.
A statement by TCN’s General Manager, Public Affairs, Mrs Seun Olagunju, said that the Damboa sub-station was previously a 60MVA 132/33kV capacity transmission station with fully equipped control room and staff quarters.
She said that the sub-station was completely destroyed by Boko Haram insurgents on July 4, 2014.
Olagunju said that the destruction had resulted into the reduction of the bulk power transmission to Damboa and environs by 60MVA.
According to her, in spite of the volatile nature of the area, TCN initiated the process for procurement and installation of a 40MVA 132/33kV mobile power transformer.
She said it was to bridge the shortfall in bulk electricity transmission to distribution load centres that supply electricity to Damboa and environs.
Olagunju further noted that the installation works on the new mobile power transformer had commenced on April 4, and was completed on May 7.
She said that the mobile transformer was installed in-house by TCN engineers.
She said that TCN was mindful that every electricity customer deserved to have access to electricity.
According to her, the company will continue to work with security agents where necessary, to ensure that it continues to transmit bulk electricity to distribution load centers anywhere within the nation.