It doesnt matter whether youre vegan or not, you should try out this delicious potato based recipe.
What you need:
- One kilogram of potatoes
- Half a cup of olive oil
- 500 grams of grated cheese
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Three teaspoons of lemon juice
- Finely chopped parsley
ALSO READ: How to make stuffed mushrooms
1. Preheat your oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Brush an oven-safe bowl with olive oil.
3. Wash and cut the potatoes into slices.
4. Mix the potatoes with olive oil in a large bowl.
5. Divide the potatoes into three.
6. Make one part the base layer, sprinkle some salt, pepper and cheese on it.
7. Place a second layer on top and sprinkle cheese, pepper and salt too.
8. Add the third layer on top.
9. Mix half a cup of hot water with lemon juice and pour it in to the side of the bowl. Bend it so that the water spreads into the bottom of the bowl.
10. Cover the bowl and bake for 10 minutes.
11. Reduce oven temperature to 160 Celsius and bake for one hour.
12. Remove cover and then bake for another 10 minutes.
13. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
14. Serve as desired.