Apples and walnuts are a perfect combination of healthy food.
The pair is even better when combined to make a delicious and healthy dessert. This duo can be combined to make loafs or muffins.
ALSO READ: Baked oatmeal recipe
Apples and walnuts are full of dietary fiber which has numerous health benefits such as helping to lower blood cholesterol and glucose as well as preventing constipation.
What you need:
- One cup of wheat flour
- One large apple, chopped into pieces
- Half a cup of walnuts, chopped into pieces
- Quarter a cup of sugar
- One teaspoon of baking soda
- One pinch of nutmeg
- Half teaspoon of cinnamon
- One pinch of salt
- One egg
- Half cup of unsweetened apple juice
- Half cup unsweetened applesauce
1. Preheat oven to 177 degrees C.
2. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt.
3. In another bowl, mix the apples and walnuts and dust lightly with the flour and salt mix.
4. In a third bowl, beat the egg ands add in the apple juice and applesauce.
5. Add the bowl of flour to the egg mixture and mix well.
6. Fold the chopped apple and walnuts into the batter.
7. Grease a loaf pan or muffin tins with butter.
8. Put the batter into the muffin tins.
9. Bake for about 40 minutes.
10. Cool lightly and serve as desired.