Between the endless traffic, the ups and downs of work and more recently, the steadily increasing rains, living in Lagos can get very stressful.
5 interesting places worth checking out this weekend
If you plan on heading out this weekend, here are 5 hangout spots in Lagos worth checking out.
It's no wonder the average Lagosian looks forward to the weekend with relish as it is time to unwind and let loose.
A popular form of unwinding in Lagos could involve visiting a favourite hang-out joint, food or movies, there's also good, ol', sleep.
Also read: 8 must-do things for 1st timers in Lagos
1. Bay Lounge, Lekki: Located on Admiralty Road, Bay Lounge is an open space type spot with a good view of the body of water between Lekki/VI and Ikoyi. There's also an indoor spot located within the premises for those who do not like the outdoors. Expect standard type meals on the menu like rice plus fish and chips as well as a variety of cocktails. Swallows are however not listed.
2. Yellow Chili, GRA: The ultra cosy Yellow Chili is a great place on the mainland to hang with friends and family if you're looking for an upscale yet affordable place. It offers a rich local and intercontinental menu, and of course interesting cocktails.
3. Kingsize Place, Oregun: If you're in the Ikeja area and in the mood for an outdoor spot where wholly Nigerian starters like asun and pepper soup, then Kingsize is the place. There is also an indoor restaurant which serves a range of meals.
4. Sailor's Lounge, Lekki: Unarguably one of the most popular spots in Lekki, Sailor's literarily sits on water which makes for an all-round interesting view and experience. On offer is a range of cocktails, starter and main dishes.
5. Rhapsody's: With locations in Ikeja and Victoria Island, this is an ideal spot for friends looking to hang out after a long week over cocktails and finger foods.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: